I have noticed a fair bit of feedback lately on my app which is amazing really, makes me pretty happy to see it being used out there. Although I will say I am not so pleased that some of you are either having trouble finding your games / the app seems not to load up games from your list correctly.
While I do my best on this front, it is a bit hit or miss whether the app will be able to find your full games listing in the file it uses to save back the category data to be used by Steam.
Now, this is where I ask for your help. I need to collate more data basically. I believe my test base is too small to figure out what is actually going on. So I need anyone who is interested to send me a particular file from their Steam directory so that I can compare what is going across a range of sources. If you are interested in this, please send it to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The file in question is ‘sharedconfig.vdf’ and is located in the following default location for a Steam install.
userid will clearly be replaced with some number unique to you.
Thanks for your help and hopefully I will have a new more improved version out in the next few weeks.
edit: You do not need to run my application in the slightest. This is just an exercise for me to understand better what is going on.